Shopping for an engagement ring is a rite of passage. Since it's not something you do every day, it's easy to get bogged down in details and confused by all of the jargon. Really, there are just four things to remember when you're in the market for an engagement ring. It's that simple!
1. Find a trustworthy, accredited jeweler. First and foremost, you have to find the right jewelry store. Are you shopping for an engagement ring in Kansas City? Noe's Jewelry is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and belongs to multiple professional organizations, including Jewelers of America and the Retail Jewelers Organization. Local shops are preferable since the big chains spend more on marketing schemes than offering customers the very best jewelry. When you shop for engagement rings in Kansas City, you can be sure to get your money's worth at Noe's.
2. Choose the perfect setting. Now that you're in the door, it's time to start looking at rings. Traditional engagement rings have two parts: a stone (usually a diamond) and a setting. The setting is crucial because it determines the overall appearance and attitude of the ring. You need to find a setting that matches your fiancé's personal style. You can find a huge selection of beautiful engagement rings at Noe's in Kansas City, and you can even have one custom made. Here's a tip: If you are not planning a surprise proposal, it is helpful to bring your fiancé along to pick out a setting.
3. Keep the 4 C's in mind when selecting a stone. Most people opt for diamonds because they are classic and beautiful. They are also durable enough to withstand a lifetime of daily wear. A diamond's value is measured by the 4 C's: cut, clarity, carat, and color.
- Cut is probably the most important quality. Even an average diamond can look fiery and brilliant if it is well-cut.
- Clarity is concerned with a diamond's flaws and imperfections. Diamonds with a high clarity rating are more valuable (and usually prettier) than ones with a lower clarity rating. However, slight imperfections are usually not noticeable and can easily be overlooked.
- Carats represent a diamond's weight; more carats equal more value.
- Colors range from clear to yellowish. Most variations in color aren't noticeable, but generally it's better to go for colorless and white stones.
Note: The staff at Noe's Jewelry is happy to show you what's available and walk you through the process of finding the perfect diamond.
4. Make a budget and stick to it. Two months' salary is the standard, but it is just a guideline. This is an important piece of jewelry that is worn for a lifetime, so it's normal to make a significant investment. Even if your budget isn't as high as you'd like it to be, you can still find an engagement ring that your fiancé will love. At Noe's Jewelry, you can find beautiful engagement rings at a variety of price points.
Noe's Jewelry in Raymore, Missouri has been in the fine jewelry, diamond, and engagement ring business since 1999. Over the years, we've earned a reputation for our honesty, integrity, and service. Our staff and bench jewelers are available Tuesday through Saturday to answer your questions about wedding bands, diamonds, and timepieces. You can call Noe's Jewelry at (816) 322-7227or click here to visit the Contact page on our website.